Wednesday 1 July 2015

QiLaunch Wear - beta testing

A while ago I posted about navigating to and launching apps, which was talking about the Quantum Interface project called "QiLaunch", which is currently in beta.  At the time, I'd signed up for the beta, but not heard anything back.

Well now I'm on the beta, and I've played with the app!  It clearly has potential, but I struggled to use it on the round screen of my Moto 360, as there wasn't much room to maneuver.  

The version that I've played with has been code-named "Carousel".  This has a vertical scrolling list of the shortcuts, which gravitate towards your finger as you drag it towards the one that you want to launch.  They are working on some updates based on the beta feedback at the moment.

I've also just signed up for a second round of beta testing, this time for the "Spread" version.  The description I've been given is...
You will get first peak at an entirely different and new concept to use on your phone and tablet devices - a first in the world scrollable, expanding dynamic radial menu system

They've hinted at 8 planned modules in total, which sound like they'll all be combined together as options in a single app.  We'll see over the next few weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment